The Master of Management in Communication program is designed for those planning a career or already working in the communications and public relations industry. A balanced curriculum of management and public relations challenges the student to confront contemporary issues in management theories, public relations issues, planning and policy, research and evaluation in management with the emphasis on Indonesian situations in the international perspective.
– Management based subjects
- Managerial Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Environmental Economics & Entrepreneurship
– Communication / Public Relations subjects
- Communication Theory
- Public Relations Foundation
- Media Laws, Ethics and Policy
- Strategic Public Relations Management
- Risk, Issue and Crisis Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Public Relations Planning and Programming
- Public Relations Research, Measurement
– Thesis Writing
All subjects total of 44 credits
Degree and Academic Status
Students who succesfully completed 3 semesters plus Thesis are entitled for the degree of Master of Management fromTrisakti University as accredited by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Ministry of National Education, the Republic of Indonesia.
Benefits for Investment
Each semester is implemented in form of lectures/class meetings, case analysis, literature search and field study, seminar, paperwork and program implementation. Academic program emphasizes on analytical, conceptual and managerial capabilities to deal with current and complex problems in the application of communication management in real life situation.
Teach staff consisting high caliber academia, experts, professionals with national and international recognition in the field. Each subject is given by teaching team : an academia and a professional in the realted disciplines.
Every semester, students will have guest lecturers from national and world recognized universities, and professional organizations.
Every two years, students will have facilities to the International Public Relations Summit, the premier public relations conference in Asian region.
Career Planning Guide
Each student will have the chance for individual career planning, consultation, attending professional seminars and workshops, field visit to the industry, national and international networks to professional associations, opportunities to have direct involvement in public relations planning, campaign, organizing special events and social activities.
Arranged in small class, each student will have greater chance to share and express their knowledge and talents in a more interactive group discussion either in or outside class.
Trisakti Mega Kuningan campus is a strategic location with easy access from carious destinations.
Class is arranged in evenings, after office hours in 3 (three) days a week, on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 5.30 pm – 9.30 pm.
Each semester takes 17 weeks to complete : class meetings, mid and final exam.
Final Project / Thesis Writing
After completing 3 semesters, each student is encouraged to complete his / her study in due time, by having a series of thesis writing process : thesis proposal, proposal defense, thesis progress report, and mocked defense prior to Thesis defense. A team of thesis supervisor are dedicated to students to finish their study on time – 3 semesters plus one semester for thesis completion or 18 months.
Prospective Career in Public Relations
- Publicity, Promotion, IMC
- Media Relations and Media Management
- Employee Relations and Human Resource Development
- Community Relations, Community Development, CSR
- Public Affairs, dealing with NGOs and Fundraising
- Government Relations, Political Public Relations
- Issue, Crisis and Reputation Management
- Financial, Industrial and Investor Relations
- International PR – Public Diplomacy and Lobbying