CEOs Changing view on Communication in Organization
Leaders of 21st century are facing a rapidly changing context for global business and their society. Their ability should focus on how to manage successfully their relationship with customers, investors, partners, employees and other key constituents and stakeholders at large.
The reality of global economy, the appearance and empowered of myriad of new stakeholders and the digital network revolution today are confronting a changing landscape, shaped by both internal,and external challenges.
The increasing competition in the era of free information has forced any institution, either governmental, profit or not for profit organizations to increase its relationship with its public/s. Not only the approach should be strategic, but also the fundamental philosophy of developing communication concept or public relations should be targeted to cope with the public relations challenges in a new paradigm – that is, institutionalizing public relations as a strategic management function rather than a technical tool for publication or marketing activities alone.
A corporate manager needs to have a comprehensive knowledge of management which relates to the execution of managerial function of an organization, conflict resolution or litigation that cannot be handled by a communication technician.
“Public relations should be seen as the management of communication between an organization and its publics. It is a profession with a scholarly body of knowledge. It is a management function based on strategic counselling rather than publicity alone” (Grunig, 2004).
- To create wider national and international links for the development of public relations as a science and a professional practice
- To fill the gap between academic approach and professional demand in managerial level within the scope of related disciplines that are required by the dynamic in business and organization practice
- To ensure the continuation of Trisakti University vision and mission in the effort of providing market demand for professionalism in cooping with everlasting challenges in management education in national and international perspectives.
Referring to the vision, mission and objectives of Trisakti University focusing on establishing a centre of excellence by developing science and technology and enhancing the quality of human resources with global views, MM Communication strives to be the centre of excellence in public relations education in South East Asia by reinforcing strategic thinking in developing global communication management.
This program shall be the national’s most relevant, resources, in uential, management based education for communication executives in strategic and managerial level to face national and international challenges.
Master of Management with Communication / Public Relations concentration
- to fill market demand for Communication
Managers who can think, speak and do with the language of Management, based on research in planning and organizing communication activities that can contribute to the bottom line of an organization
- to equip young, potential professionals with comprehensive knowledge of management, strategic thinking and nancial acumens
- to prepare Alumni for leadership position and ethical of cer in the work they do
A balanced curriculum of Management and Public Relations challenges the students to confront contemporary issues in management theories, public relations issues, planning and policy, research measurement and evaluation with the emphasis on Indonesian situations in the international perspectives.
– Management based subjects
- Managerial Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Environmental Economics & Entrepreneurship
– Communication / Public Relations subjects
- Communication Theory
- Public Relations Foundation
- Media Laws, Ethics and Policy
- Strategic Public Relations Management
- Risk, Issue and Crisis Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Public Relations Planning and Programming
- Public Relations Research, Measurement
– Thesis Writing > a total of 44 credits
Degree and Academic Status
Students who successfully completed 3 semesters plus Thesis are entitled for the degree of Master of Management (MM) from Trisakti University as accredited by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Minister of Education, of the Republic of Indonesia